You are REQUIRED to publish a fictitious business name statement IF:
- It is your first time filing
- You have filed in the past but have made ANY changes to the information you had filed in the past
- You have allowed the previous statement to expire more than 40 days even if there are no changes
If you are renewing a statement that you filed 5 years ago (which has not lapsed more than 40 days) and there are absolutely NO changes to the information filed previously, there is no need to follow the publication requirements stated below.
You are REQUIRED to publish an Abandonment of Use of FBN.
You are REQUIRED to publish a Withdrawal from Partnership Operating as an FBN.
- Contact any of the listed Adjudicated Newspaper companies and choose to publish with ONE of them.
- Inform them you just filed a Fictitious Business Name Statement and must satisfy the publication requirement.
- Provide them with a copy of the FBN filing.
- First publication MUST be published within 45 calendar days from filing date. Be sure to contact newspaper companies early,
as they may not publish immediately. If you pass the 45-day requirement, the statement automatically expires and you will be required to file a new Fictitious
Business Name Statement and pay all applicable fees. The law does NOT allow for any extensions!
- Publication must be once a week for four consecutive weeks.
- After the 4th publication, the newspaper company will send our office a Proof of Publication and send you a copy of the Proof of Publication. You do not need to send or bring us your copy.